Provide specialist consultation in all disciplines of statistics, designing experiments data analysis, and database management and conduct applied/ basic research on biometrical aspects of coconut experimentation and climates impact on coconut.
- Forecasting country's coconut production annually for national planning activities.
On Going Research
- Modeling national coconut production using integrated approaches.
- Assessing climate variability in coconut growing areas.
- Studying spatial and temporal variability of copra and desiccated coconut conversion factors and impacts on the coconut industry
- Estimating the yield loss by Weligama Coconut Leaf Wilt Disease (WCLWD)
- Forecasting the movement pattern of Weligama Coconut Leaf Wilt Disease (WCLWD) using Remote Sensing and GIS approaches.
- Assessing temporal variability of soil temperature in different depths and identifying the relationship between ambient and soil temperatures.
- Carrying out surveys on yield collecting for updating annual national coconut production.
- Kularathna, J. D. J. S., Peiris, T. S. G., Samita, S., (2008). Impact of covariate on single palm plot experiments in coconut, Int. J. of coco. R and D (CORD), Indonesia, 24 (2): Pp. 10-20.
- Marrikkar, J.M.M.N., Jayasundera, J.M.M.A., Kumari, A.G.O., and Waidyarathne, K. P. (2008). A predictive model for determination of the iodine value of coconut oil by GLC analysis of the component fatty acids, CORD, 24(2): Pp. 21-28.
- Peiris, T. S. G. Waidyarathne, K. P., Samita, S. and Thattil, R. O. ( 2007). Control of Spatial effect due to neighbouring palms in coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) experiments, CORD, 23(2): Pp. 46-57.
- Peiris, T. S. G. Hansen, J. W. and Lareef, Z. (2007). Use of seasonal climate information to predict coconut production in Sri Lanka. International J. of Climatology, 28(1): Pp. 103-110.
- Wickramananda, I. R., Peiris, T. S. G. Fernando, N., Fernando, L. C. P. and Edgington, S., (2007). Impact of the coconut mite (Acerria guerreronis Keifer.) on the coconut industry in Sri Lanka, International J. of Coconut R & D (CORD), Indonesia, 23(1): Pp. 1-16.
- Marikkar, J. M. N., Jayasundara, J. M. M. A., Fernando, W. S. R. and Peiris, T. S. G. (2006). Fortification of coconut oil with sesame oil through micro expeller extraction process, International J. of Coconut R & D (CORD), Indonesia, 22(2): Pp. 15-21.
- Waidyarathne, K. P., Peiris, T. S. G. and Samita, S. (2006). Shift in onset of first inter monsoon rain in coconut growing areas in Sri Lanka, Journal of Tropical Agricultural Research, 18: Pp. 1-12.
- Kularatne, J. D. J. S., Peiris, T. S. G. and Samita, S. (2006). Feasibility of single palm plot in coconut experimentation, Journal of Tropical Agricultural Research, 18: Pp. 55-62.
- Siriwardena, P. H. A. Fernando, L. C. P. and Peiris, T. S. G. (2005). A novel method to estimate the population of coconut mite on a coconut nut. J. of Experimental and Applied Acarology, Nertherlands, 37: Pp. 123-129.
- Peiris, T. S. G. (2005). Spatial aggregation of multidisciplinary data, Sri Lankan J of Applied Statistics, 5: Pp. 29-50.
- Marikkar, J. M. N., Ghazali, H. M., Che Man, Y. B., Peiris, T. S. G. and Lai, O. M. (2005). Distinguishing lard from other animal fats in admixtures of some vegetable oils using liquid chromatographic data coupled with multivariate data analysis, Food Chemistry, 90: Pp. 30-35.